Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Applesauce Procrastination

Today I procrastinated. Normally, my procrastination takes the form of a good book or facebook, but today my procrastination was a lot more productive. While Aris was at school, I made and canned applesauce. Last time I made applesauce, I accidentally overcooked it and then left it in the fridge far too long. But this time not only is it made and stored properly, I also cleaned up all of my mess. Steve was most impressed. Actually, I think he might have been wondering what happened to his wife.

The simple answer is that I really don't want to read my book. Shocking, i know! (Mom, please make dad read this post. I don't think he'll believe it). Although I finished my study guide last week, I still have two books to read by Friday. This shouldn't be a problem, except that I really don't like my book. I'm not sure why, but the thought of reading it instantly causes me to be much more productive. My goal for tomorrow is to finish the book. Not make pie, or bread or any of the other wonderful things I could do, but to finish the book! We'll see what happens. It does feel very good to have those jars of applesauce sitting nicely on my counter though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment