Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bright Lights in a Tired Day

I am exhausted. So tired that climbing the stairs takes away my breath. I could have fallen asleep hours ago, but I had stuff to do. *sigh* In the midst of exhaustion, I have a list of things of I'm thankful for though.
I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who is so encouraging. He is also a great breakfast maker. :)
I"m thankful for other parenting storms that have come and gone. I know we will surmount the current discipline challenges facing our family. I just have to wait, pray and continue parenting.
i'm ever so thankful for our library system. I have two bags full of books to read. It was like Christmas when I saw how many of my holds were in. :)
I'm also incredibly thankful that all of my children are asleep! Now is my time to eat something salty and read for a bit before bed. Hopefully tomorrow I will find more energy somewhere. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace,

    I was looking for a different verse, but this is the one I came across. Proverbs 29:17 “Discipline your son, and he will give you rest; he will give delight to your heart.” But then that is not really what you day was all about! Although, it is nice to think that in the long term all these "little battles" will pay off and the rest you give up now will come sometime down the road. The verse I was looking for was one that said that self-control is important, because you said that even thought you were tired you kept going and did the stuff you had to do. I guess that being disciplined (parented) is not just for the kids!

    ReplyDelete