Sunday, January 17, 2010

It Will Be Okay.

Today I received a text from a friend asking how my life was going. I responded that for the first time in several months, everything was going smoothly. It was a good feeling. :) About 20 minutes later, an emotional storm hit. Words were spoken and I collapsed. In the midst of my upsetness, I realized something. I will be okay again. Bad things happen. We go through horribly rough times where it seems there is no light at the end of the tunnel. In fact sometimes we begin to wonder if there is an end or if some rock fall has closed off the exit. Sometimes I feel as if I will be trapped forever. But this morning, I realized and then clung to the hope that I will be happy again. This storm will pass. Life will go on. Eventually another storm will come, but I will weather that one too.

I'm sure this is a realization that most people have had. Typically, I just feel so overwhelmed and can't imagine life getting better. For the first time, I clung to hope. Strangely enough, the storm passed much quicker than most and I'm back to normal again. God is good. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm verry encouraged by this. I think it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete