Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Lazy Day


Yay for Saturdays! Today was a rare day for my family. All of us were at home, and we didn't have to be anywhere at any specific time. Certain things had to be done, like grocery shopping(there wasn't much room left on the list), but there were no expectations or timelines today. I got to sleep in today much thanks to Steve who did not. :) Steve and the older two played video games together, I got to read my book and we all went sledding and skating at the school.

Other than the freezing of my feet, my highlight of the day was our outing at the school. We brought our skates and sleds to the school and did a bit of both. Steve and I elected not to skate, mostly to save our backs while we help Kian skate. I was a little sad about that, but I have been skating twice this year already, so it wasn't a big deal. Plus the ice was very snowy and not the best for skating on. I did go sledding though! I went down twice with Kian on the crazy carpet, and once by myself. I almost went down on my stomach, but then remembered that my mobile was in my pocket. Steve would not have been impressed with me for sledding with my phone. :) Most likely Rogers wouldn't have been either!

I am actually enjoying winter this year! I get cold easily and really don't like being cold, so winter is typically my most-despised season. However, seeing my kids enjoying the snow so much and going skating or sledding has made the winter fun. I think I need snowpants though to really enjoy it. :)

1 comment:

  1. I HIGHLY recommend snow pants... I must admit that I put them on first thing in the morning and often eat my breakfast in them... they are so cozy and warm... but it is important to find a pair that fits well. Some of them can be both strapless or with straps (it zips off) I think that is what I would like to have next time I buy a pair because sometimes when you are sledding the extra strength to keep them on is good, and sometimes the straps are just annoying!

    ReplyDelete