Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A New Leaf?

I am a procrastinator. To be more precise, if there was a competition, I would take the title. Procrastination is something that I have down to an art form. But I'm tired of that life, tired of the stress and honestly I can't take the all-nighters anymore. My poor brain is too sleep-deprived as it is. So I'm attempting to reform and get work done in a timely manner.

Today I actually accomplished this. Well, I headed in the right direction. This wasn't an amazing "I feel great" day either. I woke up with the beginnings of a migraine. This morning was slightly frantic and surreal as I attempted to make lunches, feed myself, and read library books out loud. Thankfully Steve decided not to take the bus this morning so he could be helpful. Going back to bed sounded great today. Being productive did not.

My pre-workshop study guide is 35 questions long. Several of these questions are lists of terms to be defined. I think I spent at least 20 minutes/question today. I'm now at question 10. Around noon, I took a long break after my answers to questions started getting acerbic. Define true vs. false labour said the question. My answer: One works. The other is bloody annoying. That's when I knew I had to take a break. Don't worry, I now have a proper answer to that question.

Slowly but surely, I'm finishing my homework. I know there's such a long way to go, but I think I took a step in the right direction in beating my procrastination habit. It's nice to feel like I'm stepping out of a rut and making a positive difference. My wonderful husband is being so supportive of me and so patient with my phone calls and IMs. He spent at least 10 minutes walking me through finding a file that I'd inadvertently hidden. I felt very loved and supported. Now I must go to bed. Good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment