Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Walking Together

Eep! I almost forgot to post. So in my haste to get to bed, hopefully I can quickly do justice to some serious thoughts. Here goes!

Relationships are a large part of my life. I survived high school, university and pregnancy thanks to my wonderful triumvirate of friends. Three marvelous and very different women whom I love dearly. Alas one of the perils of being a grown-up means that my friends have gone in different directions and I don't get to see them nearly as often as I would like. I don't phone or email as often as I should either. :( However, I"m going to start saving for a plane ticket again. :)

Recently, I've lost some friends. This was a devastating blow. But over the past couple of years, I've been building a beautiful, and unlikely friendship. Once upon a time, we were enemies. Now she is one of my dearest friends. We've started attempting to live life together, to ask for help, care for each other and build each other up. Today was one of those "walking together" days. She needed help. I didn't want to leave the house tonight. I just wanted to sit on the couch and read lots of lovely books that I just got out of the library. Caring for her though is more important than me getting my own way. So I went, out in the cold braving rush-hour traffic. Guess what? It was completely worth it! I was so blessed, both by my friend and her gorgeous children. :) Living in community, walking together takes sacrifice, but is also such a beautiful gift. Thank you, dear friend, for inviting me into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment