Sunday, February 14, 2010

Prayer and a Speed Skating Medal

Go Canada! We got our first gold medal on Canadian soil(men's moguls), and then Kristina Groves took the bronze in the women's 3000m in speed skating. Clara Hughes took 5th place. Yay Canada! :)

Today was really hard. Last Sunday was particularly difficult, which made going to church challenging today. Although my wonderful husband doesn't really understand, he prayed for me and stepped in to make the day go easier. This is a really challenging period faith-wise for me, but I am determined to obey God the best I possibly can even in the midst of this pain.

Our sermon was on evangelism today. Because I am wrestling with my faith so much right now, this topic really raises questions for me. During our discussion at LifeGroup this afternoon, my struggles became evident. I wasn't intending to get into it because I have felt so isolated. At first, our leader was giving me almost pat answers. I'm not sure what changed, but suddenly he stopped and just listened. When I was done, he pulled Steve over and began to pray for both of us. His wife joined the circle to pray while our children swirled around us. It is hard to express how much that moment meant to me. I know that there is still a long way to go on my journey of recovery, but that moment of prayer and listening helped restore a part of me that had given up hope. I am so grateful for those that listen compassionately and then come alongside me and pray. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad for you, that your leader prayed over you like that. <>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jenn. I'm very happy to hear this Gracie. It makes me feel there's some hope afterall.

    ReplyDelete