Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sickies and Olympic Gold

Little Miss Aris is sick. The poor munchkin is just generally miserable with a cough and a fever, so she spent a good chunk of today fighting her brother for my lap. Since Kian isn't quite weaned yet, he figures that my lap belongs solely to him. Conversely, Aris figures that since she is the oldest, my lap belongs to her. It was a looong day.

Strangely enough, Aris is really into sports. I say strangely because neither Steve nor I am. We're not really sports watching people, so she must get this from her dad. Aris watched the Olympics this weekend with her grandparents and was quite excited about watching more. My wonderful husband downloaded the opening ceremonies so that the kids could watch them. He put them on before leaving for work this morning, so the kids and I snuggled on the couch to watch them. After we watched the ceremonies, Aris and I watched curling and the women's snowboard cross. Neither of these are sports that I'm really familiar with so it was an education for both of us. Canada won in both events(curling was round 1, so Canada moves on) although neither victory was assured until the very last. Canada tends to be the underdog which made it very gratifying to see us actually win. This was a good bonding moment for Aris and I. Steve was home when Maelle Rickers won, but he hadn't watched her struggle to qualify, so it wasn't as big of a deal for him. He thought we were slightly obsessed. :)

Seeing a Canadian win a gold medal was great, but the best part of my day came during supper. Steve was home later than expected because a meeting ran late. Because Aris was sick, we didn't have a timeline for this evening, but when I found out what the meeting was about I really couldn't be annoyed. My wonderful husband has had a rough couple of months at work. He's been coming home rather frustrated and discouraged. Last week, everything was really getting to him so I stopped in the middle of dinner preparation and prayed for him. I have to admit that right now I'm praying more out of habit than of any expectation of God answering. I'm not so much doubting God's existence as I'm doubting whether or not He's going to answer MY prayers. Tonight's meeting was in direct answers to last week's prayer. Steve came home feeling much better about the situation and although not everything is fixed, good strides were made. At first I was so happy that he was doing better and then I realized that this was directly in answer to my prayer. I really don't have the words to say how soothing and good that realization felt. :)

Apparently Canada has won 8-0 vs. Norway in men's hockey. Go Canada!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment