Friday, March 26, 2010

Wings and Rings

Today was an interesting although challenging day. For some reason, there was a lot of unexpected drama in my day. Although I managed to handle all of it with grace, it still took a toll. The final straw was when my wee one vomited at the school movie night. After watching him closely for several hours, we're reasonably certain that this was a result of over-exertion and excitement, not a virus, but I still choose to keep him at home once he was clean and fresh-smelling again. I owe many thanks to the wonderful Laura Gwen for driving us home and keeping me company during the bathing process.

After the rest of family returned, kids were asleep and money was counted(my wonderful husband is the treasurer for the school council), my very wonderful husband went out for comfort food. We enjoyed chicken wings, onion rings and The Big Bang Theory. Sadly, we only had one episode left but the amount of enjoyment we derived from that one episode was more than enough. Thanks to Steve's prayers, hugs, infusion of chocolate, and yummy deep-fried spicy food, I am going to bed quite calm. Tomorrow is the Maple Syrup Festival! Yay! I'm so excited!!! And now that the calm feeling has left the room, I'm off to bed...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment