Monday, April 5, 2010

Busyness

Wow! This weekend has been a whirlwind, but mostly one of blessings. My best friend Kate was in town for the weekend and we were able to spend a good amount of time together. I may not see her until fall, so I am blessed by her visit. :) Last night, we went next door again and shared a lovely meal and conversation. My neighbours are a blessing as well. Today, more new neighbours moved in, this time ones with a little girl Aris' age! We were happy that the kids had a little boy to play with, but now Aris has a female friend too! We are so blessed! :) Today I was able to get some spring cleaning done as the kids were outside playing with neighbour kids all day long. Some even followed us in for dinner. :)

The weather was so nice that Steve got out our patio furniture and the outside toys. After getting our chores done, we took the kids over to the park. On the way there we saw a groundhog(our first sighting of the season), a cardinal and a male mallard duck. I was pretty happy. :)

My mom has also had some amazing things happen. My parents are taking a trip to celebrate their 30th anniversary. They have gone back to where they met, which was also where my mother had been serving as a missionary teacher. Unfortunately, she had also incurred some serious wounds while she was there. Dad convinced her to go back and yesterday God did something amazing! It isn't my story to tell, and I'm running late for a meeting so I won't, but I am so deeply encouraged by what happened. Between what happened on at the Good Friday service and my mom's Easter Sunday story, I feel much more hopeful than I did last week.
Healing does happen, just sometimes it takes awhile. Hopefully, I won't have to wait 30 years, but if I do, I know that God will turn that into something beautiful too. :) Now to my meeting with a potential client I shall go!

No comments:

Post a Comment