Thursday, April 8, 2010

Colours

Rainy days tend to be referred to as gray or bleak days. The sky is overcast and everything seems a bit sadder. Hand in hand, Zane and I headed out into the greyness. We climbed through mud and looked for puddles to splash in as we walked to school. Our bright boots, his red and mine yellow, added colour to the landscape. On my back Kian was bundled under a bright, multi-hued blanket. As we walked, we looked for colours: the light green of new growth, the darker green of grass, bright red tulips, creamy white daffodils, yellow crocuses, periwinkle periwinkle and the starry blue of wood hyacinths. Suddenly the day didn't seem so bad even with the sun in hiding. When I stop and look for the colours, my life doesn't look so bad either. God is here, sometimes I just have to look harder. :)

If you're in need of a good laugh, read Jamie's blog for more examples of finding God in the midst of life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment