Saturday, May 22, 2010

Abundance of Food and Friends

 Today was packed with both food and friends.  This morning I went to the market with J and then we cleaned the house together.  She is amazing! I have to say that I'm in awe of her mad cleaning skillz and that after tackling my living room she is still my friend.  That girl is wonderful!  Our trip to the market was fantastic with me loading up with local asparagus, spinach, pork chops marinated in roasted garlic, rhubarb, and organic strawberries.  After our shopping, we grabbed coffee and dodged raindrops on our way back to the van.  Even the rain couldn't keep the grin off of my face. :)

 J was helping me clean because we had other friends coming over for lunch.  Both my older children share  classes with the daughters and they are beautiful little girls.  Over the past year we've began building a friendship and sharing meals.  They're Indian so we've had some wonderful food and I was very nervous about reciprocating.  Thankfully the grown-ups loved what I made and we had a nice visit.

 Then this evening Steve and I went on a date.  It was lovely!  As a thank-you for all the hard work Steve does, our church gave us a gift certificate to the Keg.  I love steak which made this a great gift for us.  But the best part was just getting to sit and chat.  We had a great conversation about other careers we could have pursued and what we like about where we are now.  We also talked about church and community involvement.  It was nice to have a deep conversation that wasn't interrupted by or centered on our small children.  Steve holds the position of chief friend in my life, so it's very nice to actually enjoy our friendship.

 On the whole I was so blessed today by great food and friends.  I feel so blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment