Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dancing Jewels

 My daughter dances.  On Saturday she will be participating in her studio's annual dance recital.  This year they are performing "Snow White" and Aris is a jewel.  She looks very beautiful in her costume.  As part of her preparation she had an in-studio dress rehearsal and an in-theatre dress rehearsal.  Tonight was the in-theatre rehearsal.

 Last year I sat with another mom I know and we chatted.  This year I sat with Aris' class.  The kids sat in front and all the parents sat together. We had a nice chat as did our little dancers.  Then finally it was their turn.  I could not stop laughing!  Aris' personality comes through her dancing so clearly.  The girls were so cute and funny with all their little girl mannerisms. I laughed so hard my stomach ached, but oh was it good for my soul! Hopefully this means that I will be able to observe the performance without cackling hysterically. That could be awkward. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment