Saturday, June 12, 2010

Books!

 I love to read.  The library was one of my favourite places as a child. Enid Blyton's Famous Five series was one of my favourite childhood series. I also loved the Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley Twins, Gilbert Morris and Janet Oke as a child.  Last month I was dismayed to find that my library carries very little in the way of Enid Blyton.  I wanted my children to experience her books too.  Then my friend sent out an email that she just purchased some Enid Blyton for resale.  I was so excited! Aris, J. and I went to a nearby town for their community garage sale.  While I was driving around this somewhat unfamiliar town, I randomly found my friend's house.  I was in luck.  She still had 6 books of the series left! I am very very happy about today's find.  Now to start reading. And to collect more both for my collection and for my best friend who was very jealous. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment