Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Best Friends 2

 There are those friends that you don't have to pretend with.  The friends who've been there, who've watched you make mistakes, make good choices and just generally figure things out.  Kate is one of those friends.  In a couple of weeks, we will have been friends for 15 years!  She's seen me through a lot of change, and a lot of transition, especially in grade 11 when I struggled to find my identity.  Because of our history, I can be honest with her.  She came to visit me this week.  She doesn't need a clean house or well behaved children.  She can come sit on my couch and read a book, and it's okay!  I like those kind of friends!

 Later, once my wonderful husband came home and kids had been fed, we went to Chapters and then to Marble Slab.  It was lovely!  I am thankful for a friend who can be in real life with me, who can read cookbooks with me at the bookstore and then chat over fancy ice cream together.  I'm thankful for laughter over ants and understanding over hard times.  Best friends are a blessing, especially the ones that stick around.  I am well and truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment