Saturday, October 16, 2010

Beautiful Moments

 It's been a better couple of days around here.  The darkness hasn't fell so heavily.  This week I have really appreciated the Imperfect Prose community this week.  The prayers and words of encouragement touched me deeply, as did the acceptance, honesty and vulnerability we are creating here.  Thank you dear Em for creating this place.

 The weather has been beautiful.  Over the last several years, I have fallen in love with fall.  On my patio table sits a giant crimson mum.  Its colourful blossoms beautifully accent the carpet of copper gold leaves that have covered the passing walkway.  I tried to capture the beauty outside of my door, but I don't think I succeeded.
On my table sits a bouquet of pale pink roses.  While visiting a dear friend, I noticed that her rose bushes were in full bloom.  She handed me scissors and told me to have fun.  I did.  Mysteriously, one of the roses appeared to have been taken apart this afternoon.  I suspect a certain two year old.  But the petals looked pretty on my table and candle.  As these are tea roses, they are beautifully fragrant.  I have been enjoying them while I drink my tea and write in my prayer journal.

 This evening I went out with two very dear friends.  Even though we had horrible service and I had a mild trauma reaction, we had a great time.  These girls know me so deeply and love me anyways.  Since last year I no longer feel safe going out in public especially when Steve isn't by my side.  Even going to the mall is hard.  Tonight was special in that I walked into a scary situation but felt so safe with my companions that we were able to have a great evening.  T and Veronica, you are such a blessing to me!

 There were many other great moments today.  My dad came for visit this evening and I'm planning on spending the day with my parents and Aris tomorrow.  Kian was super grumpy and super cute today.  At one point he just needed a cup of coffee.  My little man cracks me up sometimes!

 Oops, I just looked at the time.  I need to go to bed! I hope you all have a blessed weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment